2019 Affinités Chardonnay
93 Points Wine.com "...stylish, refined, and long. This wine is bright and fresh with aromas and flavors of tart citrus, lime peel, and dried earth...citrus aroma, lime, attractive, stylish, dried earth...excellent tension on the palate."
WINEMAKER TASTING NOTES
This beautiful, delicately straw-colored Chardonnay bursts from the glass with lemon verbena, white flowers and citrusy perfume, then swings toward orange zest and Galia melon. Precise and focused upon entry, but the tension escalates quickly with tangerines, white stone minerality and crisp peach flavors that push and elongate into a long, elevated and textured finish. This wine shows stunning detail and persistence throughout.
- Farming: Organic, LIVE certified
- Harvested: September 28th-30th, 2019
- Harvest Brix: 21.5
- Alcohol: 13%
- TA: 6.2g/L
- pH: 3.26
- Fermentation: Native Yeast
- Cooperage: 100% Neutral French Oak
- Date bottled: February 5th, 2021
- Cases made: 359
- Winemakers: Jean-Nicolas Méo, Tracy Kendall